Sunday, March 28, 2010
It's been a relatively slow week for me in terms of my research. I haven't really been able to accomplish much of anything which has been frustrating. I have been working mainly on helping a family with my surname from Caulonia, Reggio Calabria trace their roots for the last few months. This has been an absolutely wonderful experience for me and although I have not established a direct blood relationship with them yet I feel like I have discovered a whole new family. We have shared pictures, phone calls and family stories. Through this, and with the help of Facebook, the family has reconnected with each other and with relatives in Italy. Together we have managed to source quite a bit of the stories they heard while growing up about their mutual relative, Nicola Angilletta and his wife Rosina Ceraso (A.K.A. Josephine France). Presenting it online for them to all share has been a challenge. Since I have chosen to use a very simple format on all of my websites, I needed to create some basic extraction forms in a html format. Nothing too fancy or fussy - it's all about the content here. And so, I came up with a simple Family Group Sheet format to list the family members and a Manifest Extraction form to pull the ship details and make reading easier. I'd be interested in knowing what you think or if you have any other ideas. Please, drop me a comment if you do.