Monday, May 17, 2010

Belated Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- the Wayback Machine

Ok, so it's not Saturday Night but there's no reason why I couldn't use one of my favourite sites, The Wayback Machine and participate in Genea-Musings Saturday Night Genealogy Fun and look up my blog to see what it looked like at some point in the past. Well, maybe there is a reason since I couldn't find my blog on there at all - quite possibly because although I started this blog quite a while ago, I only just recently started writing in it.

In view of this, I thought it might be fun to look up some of my websites instead and what I found is quite interesting.
1. Gente di Mare Italian Genealogy Forum is blocked from robots so it does not show up at all.
2. Angilletta.info doesn't show up either but I think I haven't had it long enough for it to be picked up - of course, this is just a theory.
3. Gente di Mare Italian Genealogy and Calabria Exchange do show up but there is no css (cascading style sheet) attached so the content is available sans "style".


Regardless, The Wayback Machine has been a wonderful site for finding info on all those old Geocities sites that disappeared when AOL decided to get rid of the free website hosting option.





0 comments :