Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surname Saturday - Gioffre

A friend and co worker asked me to give him a hand with trying to locate his grandfather a few days ago. He has very little information on the man or his wife so this has been an interesting search for me but I *think* I've located him so today I will let my friend know what I've found and see if he can confirm any of it.

What I learned through this surname is that I always *assumed* that it was most common in the province of Cosenza Italy but I didn't realize that the name is also common in the province of Reggio Calabria - so is he Reggitano or Cosentino? Will keep you posted once I know.

First Name: Bruno
Last Name: Gioffri
Ethnicity: So. Italian, Latin
Last Place of Residence: Scilbo
Date of Arrival: Sep 10, 1903
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Prinzess Irene
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0026



Information found on Ellis Island Website.

0 comments :