Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 1 - The Goal

Sorry I haven't been around much this week but several things have been going on. I decided last week that it was time to lose some weight and so I changed my eating habits and began walking daily. My goal is 20 lbs by August which is a pretty realistic goal according my doctor. I figured I set goals for myself in terms of researching and so I would do the same for this. It came at a perfect time - my sister and best friend had already been dieting for a few weeks and both looked and felt great. I knew it was my turn.

Now this hasn't been the most difficult thing I have ever done, but it sure hasn't been the easiest either. Being Italian, bread, pasta and salami have always been my weakness. I have not touched any of it so far this week :( My poor cantina has been designated as an "OFF LIMITS" zone for me and I have had to stay away from the computer too as I always get the urge to snack when I am sitting here. So if you don't see me around too much for a while you'll know why!

0 comments :