Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Don't get mad, get even


It didn't feel much like Christmas this year - there was no snow on the ground, the temperatures were mild and the kids didn't get out of school until the Friday before X-mas eve. Since I took a couple of weeks off I figured I would use the time to clean the house, bake some traditional Italian Christmas cookies and work on some extractions.

While I did manage to get some of the things I wanted to do done I didn't get as far as I wanted to. There were just too many interruptions this year.

My neighbors are selling their home and the bright real estate agent they commissioned thought instead of placing the FOR SALE sign on the railing of the house, he should place it in the flower bed between our two houses. To make matters worse he took a snapshot of both houses for the flyer he sent out announcing the open house he was having.

I spent almost 3 hours answering the door -while still in my pajamas - to people requesting to see my house that first morning. After arguing with one couple for 5 minutes (No, I'm not mistaken, this house is not for sale. Yes, I'm sure the house you want to look at is next door. No, I have no idea what the taxes are or if the roof leaks. No, you can't come in and look at it anyway.)
Finally I thought it was time for drastic measures and so I printed and put
a sign like this up in between the houses on the adjoining railing
-------------------------------------------------------------------->




For emphasis I even threw some rocks all over my porch and steps and a larger one on the walkway. Then I sat down to work on my sites. Needless to say things quieted down after that and I was able to work on my sites and even bake a batch of cookies. I did try contacting the agent later that week to reposition the sign and alter the photograph on his website but until today he hasn't moved it and so my sign remains intact and will remain there until he moves it.

0 comments :